As a few of you already know, I recently jumped into the freelance writing realm. So far I’ve only written a few sports pieces here and there, but I’ve decided to kick it up a notch…
I’m going to expand into design as well!
I just got my domain name, and now it’s time to put my web design skills to work and crank out another site. I’ve made a logo too, but I keep changing my mind on it. I haven’t decided the timetable yet for getting the site up and running, but hopefully I’ll have something soon.
What sort of stuff will I venture into? Anything really. You name it — restaurant menus, cards, invitations, publications. Hopefully it will be constantly evolving.
Do I have a name for this entity yet? I do. Here’s a hint: it has to do with a fruit.
More details to come!
Picture Source: The Brain Police
Long time no post. Due to my laziness I think I’ll just make lists of tasks I hope to accomplish this summer… and other miscellaneous thoughts.
Goals for this summer:
1. Get advertising internship (check)
2. Take two summer school classes (signed up, much more to do)
3. Learn Illustrator
4. Learn InDesign
5. Learn AP writing style
6. Read more books… and finish them!
8. Less internet, more sleep.
9. Work on ads on my own
1. Road trip to Houston for an Astros game at Minute Maid Park, preferably when the Braves are in town
2. Quality time at Barton Springs
3. Explore more of Austin/Hill Country
4. More BBQ-inspired road trips
5. Swim more, run more, maybe even bike or learn to row?
6. Get tan, relax in the sun
7. East Coast vacay in August: Outer Banks, Virginia Beach, Key West (keep dreaming)… somewhere beachy
Places where I’d like to go, but probably lack the time (these are “nearby” as in within Texas):
1. Big Bend National Park
2. South Padre Island
Restaurants I’d like to try:
1. Roy’s (Hawaiian fusion)
2. Casino el Camino (gigantic burgers)
3. Juan in a Million (breakfast tacos)
4. Z Tejas (upscale Mexican)
Filed under goals, travel